Life is always changing, full of surprises, challenges, AND pure joy! Experiences and opportunities help us become more understanding and caring to lift others around us. Despite my crazy busy life as a Mom of 5 kids, I hope and pray I will not get caught up in my own worries and selfishness to forget those in need of comfort around me. Absolutely EVERYONE has struggles, hard times, despair, and lack of happiness throughout the journey of life. When we show compassion and empathy for another it helps us with our OWN trials and brings us greater JOY! I look around at the people I know and see sadness from miscarriages, deaths of loved ones, financial trials, marriage troubles, and the list goes on. Most people don’t outwardly ask for help. It doesn’t take much to say a kind word, to listen, or to make a REAL phone call and ask, “Is everything o.k. or How are you doing?”
Today I was up and running (not literally) at 7:00 a.m. I haven’t done the dishes, put away laundry, or many many others things that I NEED to do and that’s O.K!!! I want to stop hurrying around and notice what really matters. Here are a few ideas to help bring LIGHT to ourselves and others!!
- Call your Mom or Dad. They love you more than anyone. Ask how they are doing and tell them you love them.
- Make cookies for your friends. If they are health nuts, make the effort to alter the recipe (:
- Read the scriptures and pray.
- Take time to BE with your kids. Put away the phone, ipad, itouch, laptop, or any other distraction and be THERE listening, talking, and helping them with something.
- Go for a WALK and listen to music.
- Make food at home! You’ll be proud of your dinner, it’s healthier, and MAYBE you can actually sit down together and enjoy the meal.
I could add many more! What helps you when life gets tough?
Here are a few inspiring words from Harry Potter, a favorite of mine.
Laugh and Smile! Worries and Hard Times will be but a brief moment! ALWAYS SMILE!!