It’s been really interesting training my first clients over the last 5 weeks. I’ve learned a lot and found ways to improve. I struggle with how to motivate people. You would think that if they pay me and commit to a 6 week training course that they would stick to their healthy eating habits and 4-6 days a week of workouts. NOT SO!! Change is hard. Humans are weak. We succumb to the many excuses of the day. I fall victim to this as well with my constant desire to improve my nutrition.
A couple of clients have made me happy with how they are working so hard. They leave me texts about fitting into skinny jeans, having more energy, getting rid of fat rolls, and how everyone around them is noticing a change in how they look! #1 satisfaction of my job!! What I have to say actually works if you DO IT!!!! In my opinion, these are the MOST important tips to staying dedicated to losing weight and being healthier!!
- WORK OUT IN THE MORNING-This is not everyone’s cup of tea. I do believe that if you want to accomplish something in the day, you should do it within the first few hours of the day. Too many excuses creep in throughout the day.
- BE POSITIVE-This is probably the #1 tip I have. The clients that have seen the most results with me are the ones that are staying positive. They are eager to learn and don’t blame everything around them for the reason why they are not losing weight.
- TAKE CONTROL OF YOUR LIFE-Several people I talk to fall apart with life. They constantly seem too busy to commit to eating healthy and exercising. If they don’t see the negative effects NOW that their lack of commitment has on their health, they will. You reap what you sow!
- REBOUND QUICKLY-I tell my clients to stay at it. When the 6 weeks are over, I remind them that this is just the beginning. You are changing your lifestyle forever. If you mess up for a day or two, don’t kick yourself over it. Start over again the next day. Exercise and healthy eating go together. Commit to one and it’s easier to keep the other!
- PREPARE-This is a MUST in our busy lives. You HAVE to set aside a time each week to sit down and create a menu, go grocery shopping, and get rid of the crap in your house. Schedule in the times you are going to exercise and stick to it. Make it a priority!
That’s enough ranting for me! I’m looking forward to sitting down on the computer this weekend and getting all my Christmas shopping done!! I have a few favorites to share. When you go into Bath and Body Works do you ever feel overwhelmed by the myriad amounts of fragrances around you? I have narrowed down my top 3 favorite scents. Super yummy!!
Another great scent you can’t go wrong with is Ed Hardy perfume!
I want to end on a song that a dear friend of mine shared with me. She’s suffering from serious health problems right now and despite her illness, shared a beautiful gift of hope to me!! I love this song and video. Brings tears to my eyes. I miss singing in a choir. Remember the real meaning of Christmas!
“My kindness shall not depart from thee”