HELLO!! This has been the never ending day! My goal was to post Monday and Wednesday, but I’m now changing that to twice a week! Ya never know how a day is going to go sometimes.
Alrighty! Oxygen Challenge update! I have 1 month left and I’m seriously getting serious now (: I talked about having a treat day once in a 10 ten period. I’m going to do that, but only after October 9! For 1 month I’ll be sticking to my diet plan 100%. This month I’ll be carb cycling. I think I kind of do that already, mostly because I feel guilty after a pig out day and then I go low carb for several days!
First off, I saw this awesome awesome quote from Jennifer Lawrence. She’s the Hunger Games star. I love love what she says here:
So, let’s get right to the topic of the day. How to get even fitter. Most people I see at the gym don’t seem to change. I guess everyone is about maintaining. I am NOT however. I’m about always improving (: And I’m not talking about looking sickly thin with no muscle. Wherever you are on your fitness journey, here are a few ways to push it to the next level.
- Mix it up!! Stop doing the same workouts day after day. How boring is that anyway. I constantly change things up. I also do a lot of the same stuff too, but I keep my body guessing.
- LIFT LIFT LIFT! If you want to see your body change, lift weights. If you’re already lifting, ADD weight and or ADD another set.
- Never miss a workout! Stay consistent. I schedule my workouts several days in advance around whatever I have and I never miss them, unless I have an emergency.
- CUT OUT WHITE FLOUR and WHITE SUGAR. This is even bigger than lifting. One way to help track your diet and calories is My Fitness Pal. I LOVE this thing. It gets tiring to enter in your food every single day, but it helps me eat better and less. I’ll be doing this for the next month 100%.
So, my goal for the next month is to lower my body fat. I’m shooting for 13% by October 5. In order to do this, I’ll track everything I eat in My Fitness Pal. I’ll cut out sugar and simple carbs and INCREASE protein. The other day I found a page I’d saved from a magazine from 3 years ago. It had a low sugar meal plan and a recipe for Chocolate Energy Truffles. Here are a few examples of what you should be eating to stay low sugar.
- oatmeal, blueberries, hard boiled eggs, protein shakes, strawberries, turkey, whole wheat bread, veggies, hummus, plain greek yogurt, salmon, brown rice, salad greens. SIMPLE, right?
And if you’re craving some sweet SUGAR, here is the truffle recipe:
1/3 c vanilla protein powder
3/4 c natural chunky peanut butter
1/4 c instant nonfat dry milk
1/4 c agave nectar or honey
1/4 t cinnamon
1/2 t coconut extract
1 T ground flaxseed
2 T cocoa
Combine all ingredients and roll into balls. Store in airtight container in the fridge. I think I’ll be making these tomorrow!
Well, I’ll end with two fun photos. The first one is an ad for the Big Cottonwood Marathon that I ran two years ago. I came across this picture on Facebook and as I looked closely, I realized the girl in the green was ME! Ha Ha! I’m famous (:
And here is a more recent pic from last night! We did a HIGH fitness class at the park and all the instructors wore these cute matching $5.00 shorts! It was such a fun night!
I’m a crazy exercise fanatic, but that’s me and I’m glad I am ME (: Have a wonderful wonderful weekend!!! Work Hard Always!