YELLO! Today is a cooking and baking day for me. I have a minute while my rice is cooking to drop a few lines! I’m so happy I have such a giant kitchen so I can cook 3 different things at once and kids can still sit around the bar. LOVE IT!!! Here’s a recent PIC!
I’m making dinner for a couple friends and the yummiest ZUCCHINI BROWNIES!!! I made them for my kids the other day and they devoured them happily (: That doesn’t happen all that often with my concoctions! I looked up the recipe online! This BLOG posted them so pretty!
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 cups shredded zucchini
For the frosting:
- 6 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat your oven to 350F and grease a 9×13 inch baking pan with PAM or your preferred baking spray.
- In a large bowl combine the oil, sugar and 2 teaspoons vanilla until well blended.
- In a medium bowl combine the flour, 1/2 cup cocoa, baking soda and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, stirring just to combine. Fold in the zucchini and mix well. The batter will be very dry and you’ll think you should add eggs or milk, but don’t do it!
- Spread into the prepared pan, gently tapping the mixture down.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes in the preheated oven, until brownies spring back when gently touched.
- To make the frosting, melt together the 6 tablespoons of cocoa, the butter and the milk in the microwave for about 40-60 seconds. Mix well with a spatula or metal spoon. Allow to cool slightly, then add the vanilla and the confectioners sugar 1/2 cup at a time, mixing well between additions.
- Spread the frosting over the brownies once the brownies have cooled. Allow to set for an hour before digging in. Store in the fridge for up to 3 days.
I don’t consider them 100% healthy! Not bad though! 80% healthy (:
I read a GREAT article the other day about boosting metabolism, increased energy, and lowering body fat levels. WOW, WOW, and WOW!!! Those all sound great!! I’ll research it a little bit and hopefully post about that on FRIDAY!!
Well, I have 3 photos from the race course! I could have SMILED a little bit more!! Here they are in order. Beginning, Middle, and END!! I’m mostly recovered. Legs are slightly jello-y and I wear running shoes around all day because they make my heel feel better. Nice to have a little break anyway! I need to figure out a new fitness challenge NOW!
Have a happy day! RELAX and ENJOY a Zucchini Brownie!!!