Does anyone else have a hard time sticking to good eating habits on the weekend? I hate to admit it, but I’m an emotional eater. I won’t ever let it beat me, but I know when I’m stressed or I want to relax, I like to eat yummy and mostly unhealthy food. So, how do you Stay on Track for Weekend Happiness? Here are a few tips:
- Keep a schedule. When I don’t have plans, I fill them with eating! Make a list of what you want to get done for the day and get after it. You’ll find yourself happier and won’t be thinking about food.
- Exercise. Of course I’m going to say that. Slacking in the exercise department leads to falling off the healthy eating wagon.
- Stay hydrated. Drink water. Many times our brains mistake hunger for thirst. Always drink a big glass of water before every meal.
- Do other things that bring happiness. Read a book or magazine, take a NAP (yes, I love that one!), work on a project or hobby you enjoy.
- Make and eat healthy alternative foods. The web is full of healthy options. I like to make recipes from Oxygen, Runner’s World, and Cooking Light magazines.
- Keep produce stocked. You’ll be more likely to go for the greens and fruit if they are fresh and there!
I do have a couple “cheat” foods that I go to. If I’m in a munchy mood I’ll pop popcorn. I really like kettle corn and it’s not as sugary as you might think. I like my ZONE bars too. I have one every day.
Most of all, remember how good and happy you feel when you are being healthy. It’s worth it! Save a splurge after you’ve reached a milestone or you have a special occasion to celebrate. Sometimes that’s everyday for me (:
This weekend I’ll be purchasing a few items for the home. I really like Ballard Designs. This would be for over my stairs.
And this one will be over my kitchen sink!
Every day and week we get closer to a finished and complete house. I still need to paint several interior doors and set up my kids lockers!! I’ve been dying to do that one! I’ve been looking at a few pillows for my great room too. I NEED color. I found Pier1 to be the BEST!!! They have so many I like that I’m having a hard time narrowing it down. Here are a few I LOVE. One can never have too many pillows, right?